• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 959- What a flop! (For me anyway.. Just my Luck!)

I got my Galaxy back... Took it to Bob's and had it revived for the most part... The Freq counter is 1/2 burned out, I told Bob not to fix it...

Other than it works great, And coupled with a Wilson 1000 it's putting out very nicely, was able to talk to the wife about 20 miles from here yesterday.

Hat's off to Bob's CB Shop.

959 does not share the board with a 2517, its the same as a 2547.

the new style mainboards that were introduced in the 2517dx's is the exact same as the 93t and 95t series galaxys.

reminds me of another fella that came on the boards after a trial with his 959, but he was much more harsh for words.

In the end, he finally took it to a good tech, as a matter of fact I think it was Bob's, but the point was that it was not the radio, it was first hack that got his hands in it.

Anyway, like has already been said, Galaxy stands behind their products and has a very good CS department. The techs care and do a good job.

Northstar,

I have had several conversations with Stan about Northpoint and he has told me that he is the owner of record of Northpoint. He bought the assets of Northstar when Mr. Morrisan went out of business. If this is not true can you shed some light on this....

I have a 959. It's still all "stock". I haven't used it much (takes up too much room under the dash). I'm just curious as to what they are capable of for output power, etc. What little I've ever used mine, it works great.

Before anyone says anything, for obvious reasons (my ham license), I plan to leave it stock. Can't afford to chance it anymore. Just curious.

galaxy dx99v

i wouldnt jump to conclusions on galaxy, i have a dx99v that DK's 1/2 watt and swings 40+ on am. i am very happy

I have had 3 with no problems. My guess would also be a bad tech was inside doing things that he should have not been doing just so you would have to come back to him for the repair..............................................You know that does happen a lot!

sixbrix said:
I hear that the 929 (don't know about the 959) has a vacant spot on the pcb for another final, making it a dual final radio. I also hear that RCI sells a kit with an extra 1969 and everthing needed to make these radios dual final radios for about $10. Talk about the perfect "sleeper" radio...well, for AM anyhow. If the 959 drifts like my old 95T did, I wouldn't recommend it for SSB, but what a cool idea! So, does anyone know if the 959 has the same vacant sopt for another final?
I have a 959 and a 2547 and both radios have the dual final kit installed. I see 35 watts PEP on AM and SSB. Heck of a deal. I install them on just about every radio I sell. These rigs are the cream of the crop for CB and I said CB incase someone chimes in saying his RCI2950DX is better. Drifting probs are nill and the radio is easily modded for extras. I wouldnt trade mine in for nothing. I am not too sure on the new ERF 2030's as of yet but I might try it one day.

Carl said:
959 does not share the board with a 2517, its the same as a 2547.

the new style mainboards that were introduced in the 2517dx's is the exact same as the 93t and 95t series galaxys.
They are the same board with minor differences. 10C,10Z and so on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.