• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GALAXY DX-979 DUAL MOSFET RADIO

IDIeselman

Oct 20, 2010
Lake Michigan
For sale is my Doug built Galaxy 979, not your average 979 mind you. This is a custom built radio with dual Mosfet finals, upgraded recieve, turbo echo and tuned to perfection. I also had the infamous 979 blinding bright RX/TX light dimmed so as not to blind me or the poor person following behind me at night . The echo board is installed in the back of the radio as I hate the hacked look of the knobs poking through the side of a radio. This radio is a 9.8 in looks and a scale topping 10 in performance. Comes with the Galaxy mic and pieced together power cord pictured, nothing more. Below is a copy and paste from the builders site. I did have Doug back the power down a bit so it was not running on the ragged edge, should be doing about 40-45 watts now. $200 or trade for ???

Item #: GX979
Reg. Price: $199.95
Our Price: $335.90
Peak and Tune: Power Tune - ($30.00)

Receive Upgrade: Receive Upgrade - ($20.95)

Echo: Turbo Echo Board Installation - ($60.00)

Dual MOSFET Upgrade: Dual MOSFET Upgrade - ($55.00)

I have darn near $400 into this little radio thinking it would replace my S9...it didn't and I have since bought another as well as a Stryker 490.
I almost never use LSB so I just don't need the 979 anylonger. I would not mind trading for a mobile amp or a decent base unit.

Description
The Galaxy 979 is a Small Footprint Radio that has most of the features of the Galaxy 959. This radio can be made to talk and with the Dual MOSFET Upgrade it will do about 60 watts!! Features: BLUE Channel display BLUE meter light Starlite Faceplate New Smaller Chassis 7.25"W x 2.25H Front panel mic Jack Large, easy-to-read meter with 4 scales: "S" Meter indicates up to 60 dB over S9 Modulation Percentage Scale Power Scale SWR Scale Automatic SWR Circuit (no complicated calibration procedure) "Talkback" Circuit with Volume Control Variable Power Output Control Two Year Warranty as explained below: Additional Features: Pre-wired for FC 347 Frequency Counter Noise Blanker and Automatic Noise Limiter LED Indicator for RX/TX LED Channel Indicator Dimmer Control Receive Gain Control Mic Gain Control

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.