• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 979 - Suggestions

allscan

Oct 4, 2006
Ok, I'm looking for anyone's feelings on this radio. It's currently the only radio on my list that meets these requirements: needs to fit where my Cobra 25 does and it has SSB. I've read the other posts on here regarding this radio but I'm wondering if anyone's used it for a longer period of time yet.

galaxy 979

They are good CB's, however, I would spend the extra few dollars$$$ and get the 959 with frequency counter. Other than that, they are almost identical.
I have used both and really liked them.
I would caution that they are wider than a Cobra 25 though. You mentioned the room issue, and the radio that comes to mind for your wants, might be a Realistic TRC- 465. They are a little harder to find as they are older. They measure 6" wide, 2" high and 6" deep and you could do quite a bit with them.
marven :roll:

Thanks for the info. I'm trying not to go up to the Export size radios, although I do like the 959's and may try and look for more room in the Jeep. Thanks.

DTB ,has a Grant XL AM/SSB (A very good radio) for sale in the Swap Section of the Forum you might take a look at , it is a few inches bigger then your 25 all the way around . Midland and Magnum both put out a AM/SSB radios that are slightly smaller then your 25 , there's also a very decent Uniden PC-122 AM/SSB that's a little smaller then the 25 as well , you can find those on Ebay for about 50 bucks or so shipped. Good luck to you and welcome to the Forum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.