• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 98VHP

Ranch55

Jan 18, 2016
Fredericksburg, Texas
I have a good friend who purchased this radio maybe 2 months ago.
The only modifications done to it is the frequency conversion to open up 11 meters.
He still has the original box.
He has since purchased a new base station radio and is interested in selling the 98VHP.
He is asking $450 plus shipping.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

No, he still has it.
After I was able to unlock the fine clarifier control, ( thanks to info from this forum Handy Andy), and get it to track work with the coarse clarifier, I also did a full alignment and transmit power readjustment. The "dealer" turned all the power pots wide open. I adjusted everything back to specs.
He likes the radio, and it performs very well. It easily outputs 180-200 watts on SSB.
Does damn good on am also.
However, he does not use the radio. I told him it would make a very good mobile unit without having to use an external amplifier.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.