• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX2517 connections for Turner model 754

86lidewell

Oct 10, 2020
DFW Texas
Hey, I'm trying to get this microphone working with the radio. After I moved the slide switch beneath the stand, it would key the radio but no audio, just a hum...

I don't find a schematic for this microphone to connect to a cobra 4-pin. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Cord: Red, Black, "white", Shield:

1701544453054.png
Inside:
1701544513363.png

OK, that switch in the underside is for relay/electronic switching. It the mic was previously wired for an older relay switched radio, that will need to be flipped.
This is the wiring for a cobra from an old Turner mic wiring sheet. Look at the 3rd column and you'll see the 25 or the next one down with the 29. (they are the same wiring)
1701581369429.png

OK, that switch in the underside is for relay/electronic switching. It the mic was previously wired for an older relay switched radio, that will need to be flipped.
This is the wiring for a cobra from an old Turner mic wiring sheet. Look at the 3rd column and you'll see the 25 or the next one down with the 29. (they are the same wiring)
View attachment 66595
Thanks!

Hey, I'm trying to get this microphone working with the radio. After I moved the slide switch beneath the stand, it would key the radio but no audio, just a hum...

I don't find a schematic for this microphone to connect to a cobra 4-pin. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Cord: Red, Black, "white", Shield:

View attachment 66589
Inside:
View attachment 66590
Got it working! Modulation is a lot less than the +3B but it seems readable.

Reactions: 999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.