• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX2527 Low Volume Help?

dx77HML

Jun 3, 2005
South Carolina
I have a Galaxy DX2527 and it has very low volume.Receive is normal and transmit is normal.When I first turn it on after it has been off or unplugged for a while it makes a whine noise like a scud missle coming in then quits.Volume wide open and barely able to hear.No audio can be heard when operating in PA mode.I have low volume in all modes.This 2527 was made in 1998 according to the serial #.Have checked the audio IC and several caps and diodes in audio circuit.Transmit on AM,SSB is fine.Anybody have this problem with a 2527 or have any suggestions??
Thank's!

Great! I'm afraid I wouldn't have been any help in determining your problem... a tech I'm definitely not.

By your user name, I assume you either have or have had a DX77HML. I've had one in the mobile for many years (since 2003??). It's a good rig, and drives my MagnaForce 350 very nicely.

The only beef I have with it is that its receive is w-i-d-e on SSB. Do you know of any mods that would narrow it down a bit? Say to 2.8 kHz or thereabouts? That would probably mess up the AM/FM receive, though.

Maybe one of those DSP speakers would be a good option... ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.