• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX33HP2 problems

Derrick Walls

Jul 19, 2016
I'm working on a galaxy dx33hp2. It has a tda2003 audio chip in it. Problem I'm having with it is I remove c156 and the recieve audio will come back but it is low. I can replace it with a new part and the audio will go away. I still have deflection on the meter and a signal to the input of the audio but no audio. Also the audio in TX is low (20% or less). I need help on this. Replacing the audio chip yielded no results.

have you verified you still have full output from the finals. a few years ago I had one that the mosfet final shorted and killed the RX. if they are good only thing I can say is check the rest of the parts tied to tr42 the same circuit c156 is in.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx33hp2/graphics/dx_33hp2_sch.pdf

forgot to tell you to verify tr42 is switching also. it may have gone bad plus more parts in the same circuit could be bad.. wish I could give better info as to what part is bad but not much luck doing that.

Last edited:
check D77, D80, and tr38. they are all right in the audio circuyit that can give you a problem. D77 is the most common part that can act up in that area.

I did notice while keying and unkeying the radio the recieve would come in for a split second. So I went on to check voltages at tr36 and tr37 since I checked tr38. Voltages werected good at these points

check D77 and D80 . D77 will kill receive also plus TX at times. need to verify the other parts are good in the circuit.

Ok. after losing my mind and half my hair I finally came back to the audio chip and determined the part i replaced was defective then replaced it and now i have receive audio again. Now I still have no tx audio. According to the oscope I have good audio out of IC4.

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.