1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy dx949 stock mic wiring help

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by cjruger, Oct 2, 2014.

1. cjruger

cjruger Active Member

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx949/
    This site says white on pin 4. There is no white, but I have a green.i put the green on 4 and not right at all, 1 shield 2 yellow 3 red 4 green.
    Maybe I'm confused here, the bare wire is the shield? It looks like its just a bare wire and not shielding . I dont see a wire with shielding.

#1 cjruger, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

2. Robb

Robb Yup

Well, it ain't the stock mic then.
    What is it?

3. cjruger

cjruger Active Member

I
    Its stock, came with radio, says galaxy on it

4. Robb

Robb Yup

Then Galaxy have changed mic vendors and CB Tricks didn't update their site.
    I don't have any of their new mics; so maybe someone else can post the answer.

5. Dipole

Dipole Active Member

6. cjruger

cjruger Active Member

#6 cjruger, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Sideways

Sideways Active Member

White wire is usually the audio wire. It should be wrapped inside the bare sheild wire.
    Is that the problem, you have no audio?

I didn't read closely enough, yellow is the audio wire on galaxy mics. Sorry bout that.

What is the mic doing or not doing?

#7 Sideways, Oct 2, 2014
  8. cjruger

cjruger Active Member

When i plug it in, recieve turns off and key up does nothing
    What's wierd is i dont see any shielding around any of the wires, the bare braided wire looks like it is black casing on it Down in the cord, yellow has no shielding i can see

#8 cjruger, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Sideways

Sideways Active Member

I think I remember some of of the cobra mics not sheilding their audio wires, not a big deal. Need to crack the mic open and see how they're wired to the ptt switch. There is 2 sides to the switch, tx and rx. See that the yellow and red wires go to the tx side. Yellow or audio wire may go straight to the mic element. See that your green wire goes to the rx side. The sheild ground will probably go to the element. The rx side of the switch is closest to the mic "button". Tx side is the opposite side.
    Hope this helps.

10. cjruger

cjruger Active Member

I did open it up already, there were 2 small red to and from the element, the bare wire was in 1 side of them. I'll post a pic when I get home tonight thanks.

11. cjruger

cjruger Active Member

Ok got it, for future refrence. green goes on 3 and red on 4 yellow on 2 and shield on 1. Thanks for the help

Sideways and Robb like this.
  12. Kim Miller

Kim Miller New Member

Hmmmmm.....After reviewing the schematic with my radio, I decided to 'drop a dime', and call Galaxy Support. After talking with John, pin 4 actually can be abandoned...even disable within radio via a jumper in the case of a Galaxy 959.
    Anyway the correct pin out is 1-Shield, 2-Audio, 3-Transmit control, 4-Receive Control.
    Where my galaxy mic has 1-unshielded, 2-Yellow, 3-Red, 4-Green. ****NOTE: Per tech support, only 3 (1,2,3) are used.

Attached Files:

13. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, these can run on a little as 3 wires - but 4 pin socket - go figure??

1 - Shield
    2 - Audio
    3 - TX
    4 - RX - but is always shorted to Pin 1 at jack/socket.

Could this help?
    4-pinPLUG.jpg