• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX959 5 Digit Fequency Counter Mod That will let you get the 6th Digit

Aug 23, 2009
I hope this helps any one that has been digging all over the net for info like this.
I know i have for years now.
So i sat down and went over all the Wiring and Schematic Diagram.
Special Thanks to CBTricks and there grate Documentation that helped me with this Project..

watch

Thanks for watching my videos 73's and happy DXing

Reactions: 5 people

i never understood why anyone needs a 6th digit to talk ssb?or even a counter at all.
some of the best ssb cb`s of all time never even had a counter
aka....cobra 148...cobra 142 base .
counters are nice to look at but if you really "need" one to talk ssb ,your doing it wrong .:p

Reactions: 2 people
i never understood why anyone needs a 6th digit to talk ssb?or even a counter at all.
counters are nice to look at but if you really "need" one to talk ssb ,your doing it wrong .:p

it is just one of those things like having cruise control on a car, you don't really need it but it sure is nice to have.

Reactions: 1 person

Yea but those radio's were Uniden built and actually stable on SSB. I don't think people will want to actually do this mod to a Galaxy, unless they want to now watch that last number dance around....lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.