• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX959 channel mod I believe

Crambone

Jan 22, 2019
I had picked up a Galaxy DX959 awhile back at a hamfest that had 2 switches on the back. I finally decided to try it today and everything seems to be working kind of. I know it’s always the kind of that gets ya. The switches on the back after trying and looking up mods on cbtricks is the channel expansion. The problem is when both switches are closed im not getting all the correct channels from 1-40. After investigating a big the mod shows a EPT069610Z but the board in this radio is a EPT069611A. Can that be the issue? Is there a channel expansion mod for the EPT069611A board?

here is a link to how the mod is done so you can check to see if it matches what is in your radio:

here is the channel chart:

let us know what frequencies you are seeing on the radio's counter that don't match what's on the chart.
LC

here is a link to how the mod is done so you can check to see if it matches what is in your radio:

let us know what frequencies you are seeing on the radio's counter that don't match what's on the chart.
LC

LC
Ya that’s exactly how it’s wired I’m going to undo the mod to see if the channels go back to normal for 1-40. If it does maybe a bad switch they look cheap.

you can check those switches by using some wire with alligator clips to jump the P5 and P6 lines to the associated switch contacts.

if doing that changes things, you'll know the switch was at fault.

I have encountered bad switches that were brand new over the past few years.

can you tell us if it's the highest frequencies that you are not getting?

if that's the case, and the rest of the channels seem to be working fine, then you might just need to tweak the VCO coil a bit in order to cover the whole span.
LC

you can check those switches by using some wire with alligator clips to jump the P5 and P6 lines to the associated switch contacts.

if doing that changes things, you'll know the switch was at fault.

I have encountered bad switches that were brand new over the past few years.

can you tell us if it's the highest frequencies that you are not getting?

if that's the case, and the rest of the channels seem to be working fine, then you might just need to tweak the VCO coil a bit in order to cover the whole span.
LC
I will try jumping the switches today, I’m seeing it mostly on the normal channels 1-40. Example channel 5, 20 and a few more are missing I see channel 4 twice in channel 4 position and channel 5 position. It shows 5 on the 2 digit display but shows channel 4 on the frequency display.

Check to see if it does not also have the 10kc jump switch mod done to it, maybe a redone faceplate switch, as it looks like P0 (pin 16) is not "toggling" from CH4 to CH5. If no 10kc mod has been done, I would check the logic coming from the Channel switch, either bad line in the switch or wire from there to the board or maybe a blown P0 (16) pin on the PLL.

Reactions: DoctorAudio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?