• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy DX959 display problems

bleedblue

Jun 14, 2011
first off hello, i'm new here and pretty new to the CB world, i had a few as a teenager but they were nothing special, cobra 21 and a cobra 29LTD.

i'm now interested in the big guns of cb's.

i just ordered up a galaxy DX959. and after mounting and hookup. when i turned the radio on (first i had no lights) upon pushing the dimmer button the 1-40 channel lights lit up but not the frequency counter. and looking at the radio closer the meter light is also out. and on top of that the dimmer knob will not dim down (the only lights that are on.)

other than this one problem, the radio works fine, picked up a passing trucker at about 3 miles out, and he and I were loud and proud at 25 miles where he stopped at the truckstop.

any help would be great.
james

Send it back; or send it to Galaxy. It should be warranty with whomever you bought it from. Call them and let them know what the situation is.

If you or anybody else opens up the radio and breaks the warranty seal - all bets are off . . .

thats what i figured i was going to have to do.

and there is no warranty seal on it. i've looked it over hard deciding if i should pull the lid and check for a loose wire somewhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned