• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy dx959 mosfet lost recieve

jef

Mar 3, 2013
I was transmitting on am with a wilson 5000 antenna ,swr was 1.3 all was fine till i lost am transmit.Went to sideband mode and transmitted fine for a few minutes then lost recieve audio and sideband transmit all at once .I replaced q54 and q55 and now i have am transmit and sideband transmit and the meter shows rx but no audio out of speaker or ext speaker pa works great too alway did .I need to know what to look at and mabe voltages to check to get my recieve audio back.Cant see any traces burnt or any visual problems.Also the squelch does seem to work and there is very little low static coming from speaker.Meter is showing recieve.

I was transmitting on am with a wilson 5000 antenna ,swr was 1.3 all was fine till i lost am transmit.Went to sideband mode and transmitted fine for a few minutes then lost recieve audio and sideband transmit all at once .I replaced q54 and q55 and now i have am transmit and sideband transmit and the meter shows rx but no audio out of speaker or ext speaker pa works great too alway did .I need to know what to look at and mabe voltages to check to get my recieve audio back.Cant see any traces burnt or any visual problems.Also the squelch does seem to work and there is very little low static coming from speaker.Meter is showing recieve.
The 2sa1869 transistor was bad but the 2sb827 checked good but i replaced it anyway,forgot to mention i also replaced i believe it was q37 that was a 2sa1869 replaced with a 2sa473 i did all this and that is when i got transmit back . Please help me get recieve.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.