• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX959

GrayGhost

Nov 21, 2018
Hello every one.
I am very new to cb radio.
I am thinking about getting the dx 959.
But I am confused buy the 2 types.
First is just the 959 and then the 959b.
Does the b model come with duel Finals.

One of the adds read this way.
Galaxy DX959B Deluxe Edition with Dual MOSFET Finals.

Does the plain dx 959 not have the duel Finals?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Oh one more thing.The radio will be for mobile use.
Is a skip shooter antenna any good.

/

The b stands for blue display. The 959 comes stock with a single final. The dual mosfet is an "upgrade" installed by a CB shop to give more power.

I like the skipshooter antennas. I haven't used one in a few years but it seemed to work well for me. But just like my problem with all antennas of this type I seem to break them rather easily hitting tree limbs and such.

The b stands for blue display. The 959 comes stock with a single final. The dual mosfet is an "upgrade" installed by a CB shop to give more power.

I like the skipshooter antennas. I haven't used one in a few years but it seemed to work well for me. But just like my problem with all antennas of this type I seem to break them rather easily hitting tree limbs and such.

Thanks codeman.........That was messing with my head.
I really don't want any CB shop in my radio until I know what grade of
work they do.

Thanks again.

I would skip the dual final upgrade, you will be paying a lot for a small handful of extra watts. All the radio should need is a check over from a good tech to make sure the radio is on frequency, modulation level is good, receive is set up correctly, and power output is normal. The only two things I would consider is a clarifier unlock and extra channels.

I would skip the dual final upgrade, you will be paying a lot for a small handful of extra watts. All the radio should need is a check over from a good tech to make sure the radio is on frequency, modulation level is good, receive is set up correctly, and power output is normal. The only two things I would consider is a clarifier unlock and extra channels.

Absolutely. That dual final upgrade isn’t much of an upgrade except for your mental satisfaction or bragging rights. You’d be far ahead of the game and yourself to add an RFX95 or in-line amp if you’re hunting more power. Otherwise, exactly, a proper alignment would be the best thing to spend your money in.

On top of all this great advice...

You said this...

Thanks codeman.........That was messing with my head.
I really don't want any CB shop in my radio until I know what grade of
work they do.

Thanks again.

Go here...
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/index.htm

Study the sites' resources for the Galaxy line - there is a LOT of info there for you to discover and learn from.

You may not understand all of it, but it can be the best advice to have as a resource of schematics, parts lists and layouts - for the various boards the Galaxy line uses - to help you make the right decision.

It will take time but I think it would be to your best asset to take advantage of what that portion of the site delivers.

Reactions: Slowmover

Thanks for the info on the dual finals.
It was made out to sound like it was a factory in stall.

Absolutely. That dual final upgrade isn’t much of an upgrade except for your mental satisfaction or bragging rights. You’d be far ahead of the game and yourself to add an RFX95 or in-line amp if you’re hunting more power. Otherwise, exactly, a proper alignment would be the best thing to spend your money in.

TheRealPorkchop I have never owned a amp but it sounds worth looking into.
Thanks for the reply/

TheRealPorkchop I have never owned a amp but it sounds worth looking into.
Thanks for the reply/

I’m not saying there’s no gain by doing the modification but the gain is minimal in my opinion for the amount of work and money involved. I’ve done it a few times and the results weren’t real impressive. Now put an RFX95 or similar on it and you’d be much more pleased.

Or put a compete amp behind it and you’d be able to switch that on/off at will and possibly even have a receiver preamp. That’s questionable and will open a debate as to just how useful and effective the preamp really is but it’s an option.

Reactions: Slowmover
On top of all this great advice...

You said this...

Go here...
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/index.htm

Study the sites' resources for the Galaxy line - there is a LOT of info there for you to discover and learn from.

You may not understand all of it, but it can be the best advice to have as a resource of schematics, parts lists and layouts - for the various boards the Galaxy line uses - to help you make the right decision.

It will take time but I think it would be to your best asset to take advantage of what that portion of the site delivers.

Handy Andy thanks for the link.Dang that's a lot of good info.

After reading some of the threads on here I am not to sure of the 959.

I had no idea about the 10m radios and being able to convert them to cb band.

And with the 10m I could maybe try for ham radio license.

I tried getting into cb radio about 15 years ago.Started out with a new uniden cb. It was just a normal cb then i took it to a locale shop for the peak and tune.
The guy had me putting in about $200 into the cb.Found out that it sounded bad and it did better untouched.I sold the whole thing and just got out.
I hope to learn more and make better choices this time around.
I will hold of buying any thing till I learn more this time.
Thanks for the reply and info.

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated