• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy dx95t/ gel battery

S

spiderman

Does the radio require 13.8 volts stated in the manual for maximum performance ? or could I use a gel battery, I am having a hard time finding an existing passage in the firewall of my car.Would a cig lighter plug work ? I gotta be careful so I dont void the warranty on my car. I got a gel batt ,the same
kind they use in a elect wheelchair, is this adequite ?
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!
THANKS,SPIDERMAN

spiderman said:
Does the radio require 13.8 volts stated in the manual for maximum performance ?
They will work good even with 14 or more volts, as long as you don't go over 15.
So yes - you will need at least 13.8 for the radio for maximum performance.
-----------------
DXman

Try looking for a hot post on your fuse panel that is not used and use that for your power.run a ground wire to one of the bolts that holds your seats inplace and that should work fine.As a side note i used to run the power wire for my 95T to the factory power supply for a cb radio in a big truck and even though most if not all people say to run the power straight to the battery,the radio still had full output and worked just fine.

Thanks

Thanks for the help, I hope I can return this Gel batt!!
Thanks, Spiderman

Just mu opinion but I would not run a 95T off of the power post provided for a cb in a big truck. A 29 or similar radio might be ok on those but not a 95T....They draw way to many amps for those little binding posts. Go direct to the battery with atleast 10 AWG and you will be fine

That's what i had always heard myself but one day i tried it just to see if it would work and it did.The radio still had full output on the battery or the factory power sorce.All reports were great so i dont see why a 95t would not work the same in any other truck.On the other hand it was a used truck and someone may have changed something around at one time or another,maybe thats why it worked so well.

s

I go straight to the batts in the big trucks with my 1000w Dave. There are guys that run their 400w linears straight to the little terminals for cb hook up. I think they are nuts, but they do a good job and haven't blown anything yet...

LoneWolf TN

I would never try to run more than that 95t from the cb hook up,anything else has always gone to the battery.I have heard of guys running the power off of the factory hook up for a little 2 pill but never a 400 watt kicker!

By the way Lonewolf....that 1000 watt dave.Do you have the stock charging system or have you gone to something bigger?If not do you have any problems running a box that big?

f

KingMudduck, in the big trucks I have to use their factory alt/batt, the drivers can't do any major changes. A 130a alt and 3 batts are really not enough to run 1000w. So I have to make sure I am running down the highway with the rpms cranked up, this way I can talk skip all day long. Oh ya, I make sure the ac is off when shootin skip. When I was first starting out running power several years back I used to key up while sitting at a stop light, and I tore up a couple of alternators.

LoneWolf TN

Know this maybe a little lat in comeing. But not a good idea to run a Galaxy 95t off the cig. lighter... The 95t needs way too much power to run off the lighter. All that will happen, is you'll be blowing fuse's all the time to the lighter...Need's to go streight to battery....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.