• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX99V for trade

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
I have a Galaxy DX99V, older production PCB, it is not in perfect condition but everything does work.
The only thing really wrong with it is its off freq on SSB, when the clarifier is resting in the notch in the center its about almost a khz off, but can be overcome by adjusting the tx/rx clarifier while listening to someone else on freq.
This might be normal, I have heard it was more an AM rig anyway, or it might just be due for an alignment. Again it does work on SSB and I have made DX contacts while mobile.
I dont have the original mic either, but will include a cobra mic which looks identical, and probably is identical to the stock mic.
Someone has been in it, but I think all they did was jack the mod up, I run it with gain about 1/3 to 1/2 way up and it doesnt overmod.

I would like to trade for a Magnum 257, President/Uniden HR2510 or HR2600 with chipswitch, RCI-29xx or something similar.
I am also looking for a o-scope of 50mhz or better, signal generator, a high end freq counter, or other test equipment.
I might also trade for a 2m/440 dual band mobile

towerdog-albums-radios-picture3025-dx99v9.jpg

i would say this 99 is normal .mine is the same way .once they warm up they get on freq.
when cold most all exports are 1kz off you just dont see it on a radio without a counter .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.