• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy echo /RB desk mic

skybolt58

Nov 9, 2008
Tug Hill NY
I just got this mic, (unfortunatley off ebay) and it has a squeal when turned up ever so little. it is worse when I cup my hand on the mic. and it does it on my texas ranger 696f ssb base... president washington...and my galaxy dx33hml.. what could the problem be??? (EBAY)?

all the wiring is good? I noticed on the board that where the battery wired go in the wires are crossed, blk in red and red in blk, I switched them and no audio at all. also there is a , well looks like a added resistor crossed on r25 and r25 where the meter hooks up? can any one open their mic to see if the same?

I think I found, (figured out the problem on all radios) that all had mod limit cut to add super swing kits? but they all work great with a d 104? go figure

Yeah I've got one of those also and it started off squealing right away when attached to my Icom tabletop rig. I had to add a torroid choke to the mic cord where it comes out of the back of the mic, and adjust the mic gain down a bit on the radio. Those two things cleared it all up and the thing rocks.

Them power mics do be sensitive
297.gif

interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: