• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy II damaged during install. Repair shop recommendation

Red 5

Feb 28, 2015
Hello all, I was installing a galaxy II that I picked up some years ago. I tested it out with the base antenna and it seemed to work fine despite the added "swing mod" which I don't really know much about, other than they're frowned upon from what I've read.
As I was hooking up the power cord, the jack pushed through the back of the radio (see pictures). I opened the radio and found that there's some coils and capacitors soldered to the pins. There is a loose wire, I can solder but I don't want to mess it up further. Also there is a chrome box inside attached only by wires. Otherwise it's just bouncing around in there which can't be good. Does anyone know of a repair shop in San Diego? There's a ham shop here, but they don't do much with 11 meter. Thanks much!

.0420201438a.jpg 0420201439.jpg 0420201439_HDR.jpg 0420201439a.jpg 0420201438~2.jpg

Hello all, I was installing a galaxy II that I picked up some years ago. I tested it out with the base antenna and it seemed to work fine despite the added "swing mod" which I don't really know much about, other than they're frowned upon from what I've read.
As I was hooking up the power cord, the jack pushed through the back of the radio (see pictures). I opened the radio and found that there's some coils and capacitors soldered to the pins. There is a loose wire, I can solder but I don't want to mess it up further. Also there is a chrome box inside attached only by wires. Otherwise it's just bouncing around in there which can't be good. Does anyone know of a repair shop in San Diego? There's a ham shop here, but they don't do much with 11 meter. Thanks much!
A repair job is a repair job. If you want to sell it hit me with a P.M. and name a reasonble price.

Reactions: Red 5
XXKWc2I.jpg
The chrome box is the frequency counter module. It needs to have an isolator between it and the side of the radio and it should be held in place with a plastic screw. DO NOT use a metal screw to secure it to the chassis.

The rear plug shouldn't be that hard of a fix.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.