• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Melaka Parts

Cruiseomatic

Dark side of the Sun.
Dec 28, 2011
Does anyone know what size pots the front controls use? I need one for the tone control that is snapped off. I know it is 250K ohms. But need the dimensions or some kind of ID numbers. Also, Where can I get meter light mounts, Rack mounts, Or other parts for it? Galaxy claims they didn't build it and from some research it was an import deal but has Ranger boards.

Ranger built them for a couple of guys in New York, all the radios that have names like Melika, Pluto,Saturn and so on. The Brothers offered no warranty, no service, nothing.
You might try RF Parts in San Marcos CA, they may be able to help you with some of it.
Good Luck.

Jeff

Alright thanks. Yeah, I'm still trying to find out as much as I can about these knock-offs. Like when they were built, Who the bros. were, How Galaxy didn't bring a shit storm over it, Etc...

The Galaxy Melaka and others were built by Ranger Inc overseas for the Nochman Bros. in New York. They also imported and sold the Pluto, Saturn, Saturn Turbo and a few other non "DX" models. No contact number, no warranty and no returns. Supply and demand was the only thing they had going for them until The DX models made by Galaxy showed up and offered everything that the Nochman Brothers did not and more.
Ray ( GRTS) From Galaxy Shared this Info to all of us years ago.
Only the DX models are made by the company that we know today.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.