• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy N kit

dss56

Sep 27, 2010
Has anyone seen these kits before? Im trying to get directions for install in radios.
It says can install in a cobra 29. Kit has 4 wires thats all I know.
Shows many more radios. The board has no xtals on it so
wondering how this kit will work?

And comments appreciated
1669935172969.png
1669935230191.png
1669935276715.png
1669935465707.png

these kits show 2 ic chips no xtals and 1 cap. so just wondering how it would work on a cobra 29 when you have to inject a signal to the mixer stage. Expo 100 A kits

I saw that logic chip board info somewhere, I think in Secret CB, I'm looking now.

ok thanks fist i ever saw this and trying to analyze how it would work or the directions are wrong for this to work in a cobra 29 or any of the radios i showed the list on.
The person selling keeps avoiding sending me a picture of the install points on a cobra. So he says you cut 1 pll pin and put 1 wire on each side and thats it. Still wont send a picture but verbally said how its done

Last edited:
ok thanks fist i ever saw this and trying to analyze how it would work or the directions are wron for this to work in a cobra 29 or any of the radios i showed the list on.
The person selling keeps avoiding sending me a picture of the install points on a cobra. So he says you cut 1 pll pin and put 1 wire on each side and thats it. Still wont send a picture but verbally said how its done
It lists the 29 GTL, not the 29 LTD. They are different boards.

29GTL and 29LTD are different boards, but similar design, same PLL (uPD2816). GTL was the precursor to the LTD's.

Reactions: tecnicoloco

It looks like it hijacks the 5.12 MHz (10.240/2) output signal from the PLL Pin 10, runs it through some loopy logic chips, that add either 320kc to the signal. or 640kc to the signal.

A 7493 4-bit binary counter and a 7400 quad NAND gate.

Last edited:
On the Cobra 29 (GTL/LTD etc...) you would pull C94. This comes from the 5.12 MHz output of the PLL, before it goes to the tripler coil L22.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?