• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Saturn Turbo No TX HELP!

Bill94

Nov 13, 2013
I have a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that when i key it, keys up with the red LED on but puts NO POWER out the back unless i have the brown and black 8 volt Amp relay Key Plug unplugged, then it does 2 watts swinging 7 and 15 watts of swing on SSB. when i plug the relay key wires back in, i get no wattage but the Relay arm inside moves a wee bit but doesnt CLICK. This all of a suddon happened!
Are my 2SC2290 Pills in the back shot? Or is the relay done? the Relay isnt CLICKing anymore when i PTT and this all happened all of a suddon when i was talking. the Arm inside the Relay moves, however the Relay no longer Clicks and i dont get power output with the Amp Key plugged in. i have to unplug it then i get a few watts of power output.
The radio has the Ranger EPT295013Z Board.
Please Help
Will

Just curious, do you have the cooling fan kit on the back of that radio and were the fans running?

Do you have a electrical test meter or DVM to read the DC voltage the built in 12 VDC power supply is putting out during receive and transmit modes; with and without the amp board plugged in?

I have a similar radio, the RCI 2990, but don't recall hearing a relay click, just a "beep" when I key (it is not a roger beep)

Last edited:
Just curious, do you have the cooling fan kit on the back of that radio and were the fans running?

Do you have a electrical test meter or DVM to read the DC voltage the built in 12 VDC power supply is putting out during receive and transmit modes; with and without the amp board plugged in?

I have a similar radio, the RCI 2990, but don't recall hearing a relay click, just a "beep" when I key (it is not a roger beep)
I never checked the voltage from the Power Supply to the Radio but i did check the power output when the amp key was unplugged and it got the same results as a single final radio wouldve gotten. 2 swinging 7 or 8 watts AM and 15 SSB with no dimming. i tore it apart and moved things around and checked things out and the relay now clicks on and off now but the Transistors are toast i believe. i only get maybe half a watt now which is an improvement.
gonna send it to the tech tomorrow to finish it up and re set it up with new 2290s. maybe he can do 2879s not sure yet. anyone ever hear of 2SC2879s fitting in these radios with out too much work?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.