• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Saturn Turbo

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get ahold of Ray, the galaxy tech that used to frequent these forums? Or might anyone know a galaxy saturn turbo well enough to answer a couple questions for me?

I have a Galaxy Staurn turbo that had the golden screwdriver poking out of it when I got it... I went thru it, and got it pretty much all back together, except for 1 minor thing. Someone had removed VC3, which is a small trimmer cap that is part of the 54MHZ trap circuit. I got the correct value trimmer cap in place, but I need to know how to get it set properly. Might anyone have an idea or suggestion to get it adjusted right? I can't seem to find any info on how to get this lined up.

Power supply.... I know these radios are notorious for the power supplies going south... any suggestions on what I can do to beef up the power supply? I know that cranking up the ALC can cause issues, but mine is only turned up about halfway. It currently does about 140-150W on SSB.

Last, are there fan kits that will work on these radios? Would one that is made for an RCI 2995DX work on this?

Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.