• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy saturn

peabody830

May 3, 2017
can some one tell me what other galaxy radio is the same, looking for help dong the aliment on cb tricks they have no info. thanks for the help thought they were the same as the galaxy 88 but must not be

do you know which version of the Saturn you have. there is about 3 versions of it.
does yours have the row of buttons on it like a 2950 radio?
iof so it will have the same insides as a galaxy 2527 I think it is.

it's the older one, thank you sonoma. was hoping it was like one of the others so i can see where the test point's are, me and my glasses don't see as well. the stuff on cb tricks lets me cheat a little to find them

I agree with sonoma. To see which version you have, you should look for a board number on the board itself. Most likely, there will be an 'EPT 3600-14' on it. Which means any of the Galaxy DX-99V schemos should be correct, except the power supply info.

Sounds like that you need to re-check your work. Bias adjustments in SSB mode only (either). Peaking the TX coil chain. Low/high carrier settings in AM mode. ALC and AMC adjustments too. That should do it.

will do thanks for the info, the 77 has the same board number and it has the same amount of channel bands, i looked it over and its the same lay out but would it be different cause of the different channel bands. the saturn has 7 bands and the 99 or 88 have more

I dug out my old Saturn service manual and it only shows a 5 band and a 6 band. does not show a 7 band radio. looks as if I never got a 7 band manual.

MK121 galaxy had a 360010 board also. my manual shows 3 schematics and it only shows alignment for 2 which is a 5 band and a 6 band. so not sure what one you are asking about.
did you look at the link to the radio I left earlier in the postings here? the service manual I posted here shows both radios on the service manual. it states 5 band or 6 band in the alignment portions.

Last edited:
That might wotk. I don't have the radioin front of me right now. It's a mobile but I guess that won't matter too much. Will check it out and see if layout is same when I get the radio in front of me.

I just went through all my disk from 2005 to current and looks like I never scanned the Saturn manual.. I was thinking I had kinko scan my manual and schematics but if I did I never saved it. I normally have the schematics scanned by them since they can scan the full scematics with their scanners.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.