• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy SSB Melaka HELP !!!

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
I bought this radio and it looks nice but everyone keeps telling me that the modulation is over driving and some say that their meters actualy goes backwards when I modgulate. Im thinking that someone may have removed the mod limiter in the radio but I don't know what or where it is in this radio to check. I checked R-249 and it's still there and not clipped. is there anywhere else to check? Thank you in advance.....

I bought this radio and it looks nice but everyone keeps telling me that the modulation is over driving and some say that their meters actualy goes backwards when I modgulate. Im thinking that someone may have removed the mod limiter in the radio but I don't know what or where it is in this radio to check. I checked R-249 and it's still there and not clipped. is there anywhere else to check? Thank you in advance.....

not sure what board is in it so look for a trans shy , could be tr32. tr36 or a tr53. one of them can open the limiter.

Reactions: 1 person
The board is the 3600-14b board and the problem was tr-32 had on leg clipped. I solidered it back and modulation is awesome now. Sad that some hacker cb shop would do something like that to a nice radio. But she is fine now. Thanks for the help 73,ssssss

Reactions: 1 person
The board is the 3600-14b board and the problem was tr-32 had on leg clipped. I solidered it back and modulation is awesome now. Sad that some hacker cb shop would do something like that to a nice radio. But she is fine now. Thanks for the help 73,ssssss

im not sure what ya did but glad ya got it fixed. i know of 1 cb shop
here that disables the amc [audio] adjustment so when ya turn it it
does nothing.like having your audio fixed so its at maxumin no matter
where ya put the amc vr. is this what you did, just curious

Someone clipped one leg of tr-32 to make the radio swing but it also made the audio sound like crap because there was now no limiter working. I soldered the leg back on tr-32 and opened up vr-14 pot and now my audio is awesome. Thinking about installing swing kit in this radio but not sude what side diode goes on. I know you remove r-238 but what side does the banded side of diode go on...

Someone clipped one leg of tr-32 to make the radio swing but it also made the audio sound like crap because there was now no limiter working. I soldered the leg back on tr-32 and opened up vr-14 pot and now my audio is awesome. Thinking about installing swing kit in this radio but not sude what side diode goes on. I know you remove r-238 but what side does the banded side of diode go on...

when looking inside the radio with the knobs towards you lift the right leg of R238 resister, then install the banded end of the diode in the vacant hole then solder the resister and diode together at the top. this is the r238 swing mod. this may also make the radio sound bad again. you can try it and see for your self.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.