• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ge superbase help

ltmdl90

Mar 20, 2009
ge superbase wont transmit. I just had an upgraded final and driver put in and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thank you

superbase

No it did not work when i got the radio. He found a bad final and driver in it and fix that part but still no tx.

had the same problem on my ge superbase, had no transmit and no ssb receive plunged in an external speaker and everything worked OK. Unplugged it, plunged external speaker back in, back to the same problem, Cleaned the external spk jack internal contacts and made sure of the solder connections on ext.speaker jack, all is working fine now.

Bad thing with these rigs are they were built using "dual-sided" PCB's! Traces on both sides of the boards that is. Also,they had holes in these boards that were junction points from one side to the other side and all the factory used was solder in many holes!!! DUH.... Thus relating to the many many problems they had/acquired with age. Very hard to locate those cold solder joints but a "competent" tech should be able to handle the job! Of course it will prolly cost more considering the extra time required in diagnosis. Good luck,Great ol rig for sure!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.