• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Lee Radios

Hay Wagon

Aug 4, 2012
I dont know much about these radios, are the any good at all. Are they hard to modify? I have a chance to buy a 10 meter General Lee for 100 bucks but I know nothing about them

Thanks

I have had one for a few years now. Its a great radio. Make sure you take it to a good shop and get a good tune and allinement done .

The General Lee is bang for the buck for sure. All they really need is a conversion and peak/tune and your good. For 100 bucks ya can't go wrong as long as it works.

Aren't they about like a Connex 3300hp?

Yes, they use the same Ranger board as a Connex.

General Lee's are known to be loud modulating radios. Depending on who you ask, some feel they're built cheaper than the older Cobras/Unidens.

The General Lee also gives you the ability to land on frequencies that require a license from the FCC to operate on. My suggestion to you is to invest in a freq. counter, and don't use any frequency from 28.000 on up unless you're a licensed amateur radio operator.

Other than that, if the radio checks out good and hasn't been hacked/butchered inside, $100 is a good price.

one of the best AM/FM exports out there .

I have one and have to say it is the best AM/FM export available. 28 mhz on an AM rig is kind of silly though. The audio is as good as my Cobra 148s and Uniden Grants plus the receive is fair to good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.