• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Lee Spurious Emissions

Oct 22, 2009
I have a general lee radio in here for an upgrade, I analyzed the output and there are spurs everywhere on this unit...channel 29 28.410 channel 36 28.620 is the spur......

I know the old 2950's and 2970's did the same thing...has anyone ever found a fix for this?

check the coils at the rear of the radio .if they are spread open try pushing them back together and retest .you know the ones that everyone spreads open to see more watts .

repost the results please.

L33 is the variable inductor located in the back of the radio just left of the so 239. Check first that the core "slug" is not broken or missing. (pull all the way out to check the bottom) If all is well, reinsert the core and key the TX while observing your spec an. Adjust for lowest harmonic content. If need be, try retuning the last mixer stage as well.

I have a general lee radio in here for an upgrade, I analyzed the output and there are spurs everywhere on this unit...channel 29 28.410 channel 36 28.620 is the spur......

I know the old 2950's and 2970's did the same thing...has anyone ever found a fix for this?

I have a general lee also but don't own a spurious radiation detector. If it sounds good, I couldn't care less.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.