• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Lee vs Galaxy 959

Never had either. Wanted both. Got a 979 now. My first galaxy since a Saturn base. Love this radio and bought the external 6 digit counter. Don't forget the General Lee has NO !!! sideband.

The General Lee is a pretty spartan radio. No faceplate back lighting. No roger beep, and no ssb. But if it's worked on by a competent tech, you'll have one of the best sounding radios out there.

General Lee: typical trucker radio only useful on AM and only between 26.965-27.405. Anywhere else on this radio is useless. D band is the CB band once converted. Pros are a little more power than a typical Cobra 29. Also echo comes standard. (Workman makes the echo board)

959: certified CB and doesn't have the ability to get you in trouble if you happen to wander on 10 meters. Also board is known for cold solder joints that may be hard to detect. But it does have SSB albeit not always stable.

Maybe four years old but just want to know if anyone Bought a Radio From GI Joes and do they do a good tune. No snip clip hack splatter box job with the tune??

Maybe four years old but just want to know if anyone Bought a Radio From GI Joes and do they do a good tune. No snip clip hack splatter box job with the tune??

Do like Robb suggested, start a new thread in this section and put G I Joes name in the title. This way hundreds of members will see that and those that have purchased from them can reply. You buried your question in a thread about a general Lee and 959 that's 4 years old, hardly any one will see it.

I like when I see an old thread. Lol. I f I added to it even better. I sold the Dx-979 I was talking about and now have The General Lee. It's a nice Am Radio with Great receive. And a loud talking with an echo that can be adjusted to give you voice a boost without the repeat. I like it a lot.

Yeah I have the General HP40W the big brother to the original General Lee. I was just asking about GI Joes tune work do they do good work or a hack job taking out stuff like TR32 which most people do go no good reason and or stuff..
I like when I see an old thread. Lol. I f I added to it even better. I sold the Dx-979 I was talking about and now have The General Lee. It's a nice Am Radio with Great receive. And a loud talking with an echo that can be adjusted to give you voice a boost without the repeat. I like it a lot.

never bought from GI Joes and haven't herd any complaints. If you know what you want I would think they would tune it your way. If you are looking am and not SSb DTB radio is selling the cobra 29 LX and the Stryker SR447HPC2 on e-bay now he did a good tune on the DX-979 and the DX99 V2 I bought from him. Also R&R in deleware. Tell them what you want. I would call. Most places you can talk to someone on the phone.Good Luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated