• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General question

Nowurtalkin222

Dec 20, 2014
Can't find a place to just ask a question unless this is the right way to do so..? This site does not play well w/my phone. Took me quite awhile to find this page & landscape is not usable & here on portrait mode, it's still nearly impossible to use. Unstable. Lose page or place whenever I click to post or reply. It's horrible. Let me know if there's any way to fix that so I can comfortably use this site. I tried to ask my questions on the cbtricks threads but couldn't get it to work. I could read to a degree but not find any place to post a question rather than a reply & reply wouldn't work either as if I try to do an action, it just jumps to some place I don't want to be. I don't understand why this site isn't mobile optimized?

I wanted to know if anyone had any definite info on the cbtricks shutdown, as to if there is any reason to believe it will go back up? Also want to know if anyone knows if/where the cds can be purchased, if possible. The internet archive of it is limited & I wonder how old a capture it is? It's better than nothing but it would be nice to get a full, more modern copy on cds.
Thx
Now to see if I can send this w/o page disappearing..

Can't find a place to just ask a question unless this is the right way to do so..? This site does not play well w/my phone. Took me quite awhile to find this page & landscape is not usable & here on portrait mode, it's still nearly impossible to use. Unstable. Lose page or place whenever I click to post or reply. It's horrible. Let me know if there's any way to fix that so I can comfortably use this site. I tried to ask my questions on the cbtricks threads but couldn't get it to work. I could read to a degree but not find any place to post a question rather than a reply & reply wouldn't work either as if I try to do an action, it just jumps to some place I don't want to be. I don't understand why this site isn't mobile optimized?

I wanted to know if anyone had any definite info on the cbtricks shutdown, as to if there is any reason to believe it will go back up? Also want to know if anyone knows if/where the cds can be purchased, if possible. The internet archive of it is limited & I wonder how old a capture it is? It's better than nothing but it would be nice to get a full, more modern copy on cds.
Thx
Now to see if I can send this w/o page disappearing..

I forgot 2 ask also, could someone tell me if the cbtricks forum is also not in use.

CB Tricks is down and has been down for a LOOOONG time. It appears as if it will never comeback online. As for your online issues here FWIW I simply use my phone's builtin browser in landscape mode and have no issues. Not sure what is going on on your end.

Tried 2 reply & it bounced twice before I realized the problem is I can't use my email to reply as u have to use wwdx site. So here are the 2 replies I sent. I had to copy them from the bounce msg which Messes up the text format w/line breaks & equal sings so I cleaned it up best I could..

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 6:59 PM, jeff<nowurtalkin222@yahoo.com> wrote: =

Thanks 4the reply. Don't know what you mean by a long time.. I feel sure I used it not that long ago, using this phone & it didn't appear to be cached pages. Everything looked normal. Can't say for certain how long ago that was but it seems to me it was no more than a month or 2. That's too bad though... Just disappeared w/no warning or options or anything after all those years? Someone suggested pressure from manufacturers. Plausible but still can't understand no warning or word from Bennie (or maybe there was?) In any event, can u tell me if the latest cds of the site are available anywhere?

I'm aware of the way back machine thingy but that's quite limited.

As to my phone issues, I guess thats what you get for a $7/800 phone. I can view some if not all in landscape but I can't use it to post. It covers over my view of the typing field & if I then flip it to portrait, the place or page is lost. If I try scrolling around to find my place, it just is lost.. Even portrait is kinda shaky but at least I can use it.

Thanks if u have any of that cbtricks CD info. Oh and does this mean their forum also is defunct?

Thx again

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 6:05 PM

Also, I hit the send button for my reply to you (using my yahoo email) and I immediately rcvd a "bounced", Damien error in my email so I don't know if u rcvd my reply or not? I wonder if I have to use the worldwide dx site directly to reply? Shouldn't have to? Well, let's try this again..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.