• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Radiotelephone MC12 CB radio Manual

Jay Mojave

Nov 17, 2015
Hello All: Thanks a million for the help with the Trans Analyzer manual. Now need a General Radiotelephone MC12 CB radio Manual. Will cover all costs. Thanks for any help here.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert.... "Next Gas 150 Miles"

Replying to a e-mail that bounced:

Yes the radio is basically a modified General Radiotelephone Super MC11A that was real popular. The MC12 had two 6BQ5 tubes as the Modulator, were the MC11A used a German tube ECLL400 rare but expensive tube. Here is a photo of the MC11A

Jay

Attachments

• GRT-Super-MC11A-Cliff-135.jpg
    GRT-Super-MC11A-Cliff-135.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 12
My understanding, remembering that era JAY.
Was that Super 12 was never FCC approved.
It was GRT's last radio in the CB market, so quite rare.
Sam's never made a list for it, and documentation is scarce from what I have found.
I believe most of those made it to Canada. (what few were made).
Yes, the Super 12, used a pair of 6DQ5's in the modulator stage.
Seem's to me the PA Stage was changed also.
(different than the MC11/a)
Hence FCC approval never happened, as the radio easily did over the 5 watts at those era's regulations.
Not sure, just an OLD man's memories:whistle::LOL:
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: NZ8N
Hello Gary and All: I was able to talk to the guys running the MC12 radios a small shop on Burbank Blvd, in Burbank, not to far from the old General Radiotelephone shop. They said the same thing about the FCC, which nobody cared if it was FCC approved or not, it was a very loud radio as you could hear the tubes or transformer rattling your audio as you transmitted. I thought I had MC12 manual or at least the diagram. But no.

Thanks for the reply.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert. Norad raw radar feed to the desert location looking for contacts out of the north.

Hello All: Ok Iam seeing or even hearing that this a manual for the General Radiotelephone M12 in the hole world! The diagram schematic for the MC11A is the closest thing out there. Theres plenty of two tube plate modulator circuits out there, so one can see hows its done and make MC12 updated diagram. Easer said then done probable.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert Big camping jeep run coming up here in few months, Iam ah gettin my stuff ready!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?