• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General washington mobile receive freq oscillating

That_guy_in_wv

Sep 13, 2018
I picked up a general Washington radio a twin radio to the general Lee 10 meter mobile. When I get new radios in I like to do receive and transmit alignments because I don't know whose been in them before and they're usually off some. The transmit is perfect in this radio I just can't align the receive at all and with a freq counter just plugged into the radio it keeps showing 24 to 29 megahertz just moving everywhere on receive but transmits to my locals perfect and on frequency. Could this be a crystal, ic, or 455if filter problem.

One thing I've noticed too is that L20 is out of the pot way farther then I've ever had to set it to get the offset pll oscillator on freq and I've tried 4 different crystals and all 4 10.240 crystals at x1 are reading under 8.8xxx and I know 4 in a row wouldn't be bad so I'm not sure what to do with it I'm stuck on this one and thanks for any help it's appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.