• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Geosat 5 with FTM-350

n1lul

May 10, 2010
Now that the FTM-350 can output and accept input data, what is the chance that it will work with this nice, but pricey, GPS unit? This looks safer and more compact than using my laptop running UI-View in my car.

AvMap

Right now it can talk to a Kenwood APRS, I have contacted the company to see if they are planning to update so that it will work with the Yaesu. I'll let you know what they say.

Ray

Reactions: 1 person

Now that the FTM-350 can output and accept input data, what is the chance that it will work with this nice, but pricey, GPS unit? This looks safer and more compact than using my laptop running UI-View in my car.

AvMap

Right now it can talk to a Kenwood APRS, I have contacted the company to see if they are planning to update so that it will work with the Yaesu. I'll let you know what they say.

What did they say?

73 de DO1CC , Martin

Works

I now have my FTM-350 working with the AvMap 6. If you go to the AvMap Yahoo group they have the info and pi-outs for the cables.

It does not have the full functionality of a Kenwood, but when you combine it with the data displayed on the FTM-350 it is pretty cool.

It is nice to be able to see the contacts on a map.

WOW! That's great news that the FTM-350 will work with it. Can you list what functionality is missed? I just joined the Yahoo Group. Now I will have to save some money so I can get a AvMap G6.(y)

Reactions: 1 person
You only get 2 icons, moving and fixed, no Lat./Long readout, looks like no speed either.

It will show you where the contact is on a map and you can do the "Tactical Mode" where you set a contact as a target and can track it or it will give you directions on how to get to the target.

What you don't get on the G6 display is shown on the S-list on the -350. Together they make a cool set-up.

Even though it is marketed as a Kenwood unit, the G6 actually works the best when paired with the TT4, you get everything that the Kenwood gives you plus the ability to send messages using the G6 as the keyboard.

I'll try to get pictures this weekend.

You only get 2 icons, moving and fixed, no Lat./Long readout, looks like no speed either.

It will show you where the contact is on a map and you can do the "Tactical Mode" where you set a contact as a target and can track it or it will give you directions on how to get to the target.

What you don't get on the G6 display is shown on the S-list on the -350. Together they make a cool set-up.

Even though it is marketed as a Kenwood unit, the G6 actually works the best when paired with the TT4, you get everything that the Kenwood gives you plus the ability to send messages using the G6 as the keyboard.

I'll try to get pictures this weekend.

Awesome, looking forward to the photos. My ftm350ar is awesome. Been thinking about gps.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.