• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Getting set up....

Got power to the scope, spectrum analyzer and RF generator today AND cabled up from the RF generator to the switch to the radio cable.

Still have to do something for attenuation for the spectrum analyzer then cable that to the SA and the switch.... and I should be good to go.

Reactions: Unit 75
I love tube guitar amps, and have always loved radios. I still have a lot of the common electronics knowledge from my education... it is all still there. Scopes? many years.

Bob

Then you need to leave some room there for a nice 6L6 driven Fender amp. A Hot Rod Deluxe with some JAN Philips 6L6WGBs will allow you to sharpen both your musical and electronics skills.

Actually wanted to say I used my bench for the very first time today. Well... the part that is wired up.

One of my bucket list radios is an old JC Penny Pinto 23. That is the first radio I ever had ... my wife got it for me early in our marriage. I loaned it to my dad (who never really used it) and never got it back. He just passed away last December... we just got done cleaning their house out.... the microphone...was found... the radio... no. I'll never know where it went.

Found one last week for $6 plus shipping.

Well it got here today. Looks absolutely great. One or two scuffs...but looks very very good. Near new.

Receive checks out great. Dead on frequency, heard it down to -110dBm. The next step down I lost it... so somewhere in between it went away. i know that is not perfect but it is surprisingly good for a 43 year old radio.

Transmit checks out too. I could not get it to the spectrum analyzer but I did have a PDC700 and a dummy load. It transmits from 1-23, 3 1/2 to 4 watts all the way across. In a normal voice that I would use on the radio....it easily modulates to 70%-80% and if I get a little bit louder, it goes to 100% easily.

Really happy with this one!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.