• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GI Joes Electronics ??

GI Joes.. unfriendly bunch..

be careful they don't bite you..very unfriendly...UNFRIENDLY..the owner there is a DICKHEAD.. would never buy again.. I bought lots but not anymore..
Doug

I've purchased two different export radios from them in the past. Both came promptly and as I requested; unmodified. Two of my coworkers have GI heavy swing modified radios and I believe them to be less than clean sounding, but that's opinion. I also inquired about a third export radio from them several months ago and mistakenly used the term 'unmolested' to ask if it was available unaltered in the box. In no uncertain terms the tone of the reply was to set me straight on my apparent misuse of the word. At that point I decided to go elsewhere, as I believed whoever replied overreacted and didn't approach me as the prospective customer that I was.

GI Joes.

Bought a new tr696f from them about two weeks ago. Shipped very fast, but shipping was expensive. (I live in Canada.) A week later, I here that Doug at Custom CB Radios has the TR696FD1 on sale for about $99.00. (i paid $148.95 on sale.) Thought I was getting such a good deal. Now Doug at Custom CB Radios is doing some work on mine for me. Can't wait!!!!(y)

If you purchased it at bells you could add an additional $10 to your total but I do see them on ebay for $99 and I figure doug could'nt make your radio worth any less than $99.

Do not let them tune it if you buy from them. They told me, after I had paid for it that the warranty wouldn't be any good if they didn't "align" it. because it was an export, "Stryker". I sent the extra $25.00 for the alignment. It sounded terrible when I got it back. Barely understandible. I had to send it to Stryker to get it aligned. They said someone had installed a modulation booster. I called Stryker and told them what happened, but they didn't seem much concerned.

Unfortunately Stryker as the manufacturer has no way to control shotty work from people selling the radios.

Have I dealt with them in the past? Yes
Will I deal with them in the future? No

They might be 'okay' to purchase misc things from, but I would not buy any radios or amps from them...or have any 'services' performed on your equipment. Good luck getting a reply from them (phone or email) if you need to discuss returning an item for service/repair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.