• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gijoeselectronics.com

Yes, on their modulation upgrade they remove the mod limiter. You can specify not for them to do this though. What about just a tune?

I had a radio purchased from them and the tune job wasent nothing to write home about. What they call a tune job is just cranking the transmit power all the way up etc. HAd to get another place to do a proper peak and tune.

I would go with DTB. Other places might have lower prices, but once you send it somewhere else for a proper tune, you've paid the same or more. Shipping isn't cheap!

Bought a new Magnum S-9 from GI Joes, audio was horrible on first key up on SSB. Took me months to get it right under warranty from other Magnum Repair places. Dave at DTB Radio is the MAN. He does all my repair work on other than Magnum radios, he just doesn't like them. Matter of fact I have a radio right now on the way to DTB.

Bought a new Magnum S-9 from GI Joes, audio was horrible on first key up on SSB. Took me months to get it right under warranty from other Magnum Repair places. Dave at DTB Radio is the MAN. He does all my repair work on other than Magnum radios, he just doesn't like them. Matter of fact I have a radio right now on the way to DTB.

Sure would like their(DTB RADIO) contact info, if possible. 3's to ua.
555 :whistle:

I don't know but I find it sad that you spend $200+ on a radio and you still have to spend $$$ to make it work right. I know I was there, i remember when I bought my Grant in the 80's, I spent over $200 on it and still spent more for the "peak and freq". Of course I was young and impressionable then.

I bought the S-9 because GI Joes had them in stock, that was the only reason at that time and the price was the same as everybody else like 279 or something like that. They would NOT ship the radio without their 30 charge for a peak tune and do the 11 meter mod. When it got here and didn't work correct I was just so upset you can't imagine. I bought and sold a bunch of junkers to get enough money to finally buy an S-9 then it gets here and sounds like crap. Then it went to one of the Magnum repair places and sat for over a month. When I complained to Sam Lewis, he had them send it to Mountain View Electronics in Tennessee. It was fixed and in the mail the same day they received it. Now that's what I call service.

I was going to send a radio to Mountain View a few years ago but they were swamped. They referred me to DTB and I used him for many tunes and repairs. His radios sound very clean. After watching several "tune up reports" from Bells, I wanted to give him a try. He did an awesome job on my Madison. I currently have a Uniden 76XLW and my Galaxy 95t2 at Bells for repairs and tunes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.