• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gizmotchy and Jo Gunn Star Series

CommsGuy

Dec 29, 2020
Iowa
What are your guys thoughts on the Gizmotchy and Jo Gunn Star series antennas? I'd really like to put a beam up that I can do vertical and horizontal polarization with. I know there are others, like a Maco Shooting Star, but I kind of like how the first two don't have the bottom elements like the Maco, they would be a little easier to put up. The vertical side would be primarily for local talk, which I'm currently using an Imax 2000 for. Just wondered if anybody had experience with them, specifically with the vertical side for local talking.

I am running a 4 element Gizmotchy beam. It was not expensive and easy to assemble. I am now talking farther then I ever did with my Imax 2000. I have people 35 miles away and on vertical I can hear them talking on a stock radio running no power. I like the Gizmotchy because you can add elements later on which I plan to do this summer. I will add 2 more making mine a 6 element. I live in Michigan and this will be 3rd winter it has been thru. No problems so far at all. Best CB investment I ever made so far.

I am running a 4 element Gizmotchy beam. It was not expensive and easy to assemble. I am now talking farther then I ever did with my Imax 2000. I have people 35 miles away and on vertical I can hear them talking on a stock radio running no power. I like the Gizmotchy because you can add elements later on which I plan to do this summer. I will add 2 more making mine a 6 element. I live in Michigan and this will be 3rd winter it has been thru. No problems so far at all. Best CB investment I ever made so far.
Thanks for the info, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
I have a Gizmotchy 4 element. Works fine, but I have nothing to compare it to. At least 70% of the time there is very little difference between horizontal and vertical. Not sure if a Shooting Star is the same way, or maybe this thing is more of a circular polarization instead of true horizonal. Also the direction is not as sensitive as I expected it to be. (this my first beam) I can swing the antenna up to 50 degrees before I start to see a big change in the signal of the guy I am listening too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.