• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

gizmotchy vs. maco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deeply saddened? You are all over the place on this marvin and its hard to keep up with the ups and downs.

You held onto the 19db thing for the whole thread and at no time did you state otherwise. I'm sorry you feel attacked, but it was the gain claim that was subject of the e-mail responses.

Nobody contacted me and said I was being hard on the beaver. If anyone has something to say about my posts, I'd hope they would address their comments to me.

If you don't want to become a ham, that's fine, but don't blame anyone here.

Antennas are tested against a theoretical isotropic and your every day plain-jane dipole. The best place to learn more is in the many books on the subject already addressed earlier in this thread. Its all pretty standardized already.

Its not about how smart we are and the desire to say so since childhood. That was a cheap shot.

Good luck to you and I hope we will be able to help you learn more about antennas in the future.

I got this PM from Grumpy today:

GRUMPY said:
Hi Master Chief...

I am sorry that I have not contacted you before this and see that the Maco -v- Gizmotchy thread is now locked. The claim of 19db was quoted by Gizmotchy. As I agree with you it may be way off base, but I only quoted what was given to me. I will be the first one to admit I am not near as smart as some of you guys when it comes to antennas. And it is not in my place to defend or deny any claims stated by a antenna builder. I myself would like to know how Gizmotchy came up with this claim of 19db on the 5 element. I DO NOT know the answer!!!

But when Tom Charles from Gizmotchy returns from vacation towards the end of February I will be contacting him to get some answers. That is about as honest as I can be and I hope you will accept that. I don't sell antennas for a living, only as a hobby. I just do it in my spare time and try to give someone a good price if they want one. I never push any antenna on anyone.

I run a small Three Element Gizmotchy and it does a good job. Is it better than all the rest, no not really. It is made well and performs to my needs. Yes I think it is better built than some on the market and will do a better job then some, but with that said I am sure there are better.

I just didn't want you to feel I was dodging your question about the gain figure. I will try and get the answer for you and the rest of the forum members who have questioned the gain claim.

I have been on the forum for a long time and those who know me in person know that I don't pull a bunch of BS.

Just thought that I would PM you to let you know what my plans are and to explain myself.

Thanks for your time....
Yep, Grumpy is a stand up guy! More to follow on this when he speaks to Tom @ Gizmotchy.

Reactions: Hotrod2020alabama
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.