• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

gizmotchy vs. maco

Status
Not open for further replies.

excavator701

May 23, 2005
can anybody out here compare the m105hv to the gizmotchy 5 deos anybody have the specs on the gizmotchy 5?????? i just want to know which will out perform the other i guess the giz. runs horz. and vertical at the same time isnt that a downfall?????wouldnt you want to be able to switch back and forth????

if you want an antenna that will knock both the maco 5 & giz out the box check out signalengineering.com and the lightning4plus. i picked up one and it talks all over the top of a couple of guys around here that run the maco and the giz local and dx. i went from the maco y quad to the sig and boy what a difference. the sig is a true quad not a yagi quad like the Y ans the shooting stars. great back door excellent side rejection. when dx rolls i cover up the two guys with the giz and the maco 5 and shooting stars. if you live were the winters don't have a lot of ice storms check it out. also you can add to the sig lightning4plus to make it a six element latter. listen to a lot of the guys out in dx land and you will hear a lot of them on home maid quads. also a quad will work better at lower heights no need for a 80' or 100 foot tower 36 to 40 will get you out there.

Hi excavator701...

The Five Element Gizmotchy is:

Horizontal & Vertical Polarization Twin Feed

Gamma matched, both horizontal and vertical

19db gain

Boom is 16.5 feet

Weight 20lb

If you need any further information just e-mail me at the address Peddler provided as I don't get on here to much!

Merry Christmas ;)

GRUMPY said:
The Five Element Gizmotchy is:

19db gain

Boom is 16.5 feet
An optimized 7 element beam only has 10.25 dbd gain on a 44' boom. A 4 element beam has 8.0 dbd on a 24' boom.

The Force 12 Elite Series EF-510 only has 7.2 dbd gain on a 18' boom.

How in hell does a Giz have 19 db(?) with 5 elements on a short 16.5' boom? Even if you added the h and v together, you wouldn't have 19 db(?). Please explain Grumpy. What does Gizmochy know that the entire rest of the antenna building world, not know?

BTW, Force 12 is also selling a 4 element 11 meter antenna.

Master Chief

didnt you know the smaller the boom the greater the gain
:bash :bash :bash
:lol :lol :lol
:wow :wow :wow
:nutzo :nutzo :nutzo
:mad :mad :mad
:rknrl :rknrl :rknrl

MERRY XMAS to ALL

Gizmotchy antenna

For the sake of future arguement;

The 19 db gain for the 5 element Gizmo antenna is a direct quote from the CB Magazine antenna review from 1981.
This was an independent evaluation. Not from the manufacturer, but confirming their figures. My source is Kens Electronics main page, from the CB magazine review.

marven :roll:

I'm sure it can be found elsewhere, that's just where I found it.

19 db gain...over a small spruce tree. larger spruce trees would lessen the difference to about 16 db :lol . whoever claimed 19db gain apparently went to the same electronics school as mr (jo) gunn.....

gizmotchy antenna

Beetle said:
19 dB gain OVER WHAT??? If that isn't specified, the rest of the "data" are worthless.

I noticed the same question isn't asked of any of the other antennas mentioned. And the question is only valid, if asked of all of them.

CB Magazine used the same guidelines and qualifications for all their antenna tests. However, to answer your question; the standard was and still is an "isotropic radiator" or in other words,an omnidirectional antenna.
The sources of the reviews and tests done on all these antennas have been printed and circulated, adnausium, for years.
Your liking of one antenna or another is noted.
However, the facts still rermain the same, and just because someone who is theory oriented wants to argue with the test results, doesn't change the real world findings.

Re: gizmotchy antenna

marven said:
I noticed the same question isn't asked of any of the other antennas mentioned. And the question is only valid, if asked of all of them.

However, the facts still remain the same, and just because someone who is theory oriented wants to argue with the test results, doesn't change the real world findings.
Look up the data for the other antennas and you will have the answer to the question. These are M2 and Force 12 antennas. I also stated "dbd" and not "dbi", which would give an even higher number, but nowhere near 19!!!

SO Marven (or Grumpy?), you stand here claiming that the Giz has 19db of gain, correct? If you do believe this, then you are a fool.

I'd sure like to see the "real world findings" you speak of.

BTW, doesn't the Giz use gamma matching networks? There goes another few db......

Reactions: Todd D Hall
Gitzmotchy 5 element antenna

masterchief;

I am not going to let that one go. You personally are offensive and when the facts don't go your way then you resort to name calling.
I don't want to know why.

The results of the several different tests, have been out for decades. This isn't news, it's fact. Like it or not, you can expound on all the theoretical reasons you would like, as to why it shouldn't be. The facts won't be denied.
I get that the Gizmo isn't your personal favorite antenna. I also get your message that you are trying to sell something else. I don't think your fooling anyone either.

" You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all the time."

i so enjoy on how most on this forum go by something they read in a book and quote it as their own info, get to crying when someone doesnt agree on their oppinion, resort to name calling, and try to give anyone advice with no real world, or hands on use or testing. Marven used a good source reference for info, and onother has to put on his dipers and buy all the tissues in walmart.

befor the next post, please wait five min. I'm out of pepsi and popcorn, im running to the store.

to the original poster, i do hope you have gotten the info you were looking for. and weed out the fact and real on air use befor you listen to high estrogen leveled rantings

Big hammer and im getting more popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.