• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GMRS NEEDS MORE PIRATES

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
<quote>Why is a license required again?

The license requirement has its roots in radio history. When you receive your license, you receive call letters that you use to identify your GMRS station. The call letters are much like the license plate letters and numbers on your vehicles or the station identification used by your favorite radio or TV broadcast station. The FCC, or another GMRS licensee, can readily identify you when you use your call letters. If you have a transmitter malfunction or cause interference to others, you can be contacted by researching the licensee information associated with your call letters. Other GMRS licensees can call you by saying your call letters before their own. Your call letters or call sign is your on-the-air GMRS identity. A license also says that you have paid your fees.</quote> from http://http://www.popularwireless.com/gmrsbppfaq.html
This is so gay, I can understand them foxhunting (or claiming to) businesses using the GMRS allocation just as I would like to foxhunt a few a-holes on CB and freebanding over to 10 meters for their operating practices, intentional or carless disruption and just being an annoying dickhead with a splatterbox pos. But this is just plain ghey, of you're a pirate family, you have not been screwed of your $90 so we want to hunt you down cause this is ours. People with this attitude should go to the IRS, incorporate their family and then get a FCC licence for the business band so then they can have "their own", or just get a Nextel.
I seen this attitude from a few freebanders too, if it aint bad enuf operating in 10 meters but claiming this is "my channel".
The reality of GMRS is, except in a major metro area or on top a cell tower, I can call on all 22 channels and never get a response. Most of the users are 'bubble pack pirates' and use privacy code 1 (set by default on most radios) so they are oblivious to if a channel is in use.
What kind of idiot at the FCC gave approval for them to make radios with CTCSS tones marketed as "privacy(sic) codes".
What a dumb radio service, I wish all the aholes that make CB unuseable for most of the country. The ones that splatter across channels 1 through 40 and then some would all get UHF landmobile rigs and torment GMRS with echo chambers, overmodulation, whistles, bells, noises, do-de-dah and drunken profanity or just talking to nobody braggin to the universe bout how many watts their radio putts out. Yeah, get a UHF landmobile, its cheaper than a General Grant and a Palomar. With that wavelength you can run duals on a go-kart. Cant wait till the FCC gives up or gives in to the manufactures of these little bubblewrapped devices and those holier than thou, "licenced famlies" realize they gotta share with the seemingly endless numbers of "pirate famlies"........

Every time I hear a kid talking to his little brother in the next room with GMRS walkies? Pirate. They ain't licensed, half the people in my area that own them aren't licensed to use them...
WRAQ431 S.W. Rhode Island

lol i live in the city and never here any one but some kids. or maybe the dentist office on ch14

facts-history-of-pirates-min-770x437-620x310.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.