• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

going to get a wilson 1000

megatron

Aug 18, 2008
Cincinnati
my little wil is getting out but not like i want to.. wayne has one he says he get
out 10 miles that's what i want to do i called flying J in walton KY they
don't carry it movin on electronic in anna ohio sells them i'll check them out

Those Workman SP-3000 center load antennas are starting to look pretty decent too. For $30, I think it is a steal. Especially if you already have a triple mag mount base already. If you don't; then that will be another $35.

M60-06002.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
Range is a terrible way to judge an antenna. No antenna can guarantee you any particular range, it depends entirely on propagation (among other things). SWR is also a terrible way to tell how well an antenna is tuned. SWR only deals with impedance matching, has nothing to do with resonance (the other half of tuning any antenna). A dummy load has a -very- nice SWR, but makes for a terrible antenna. A dummy load is also resonant, but still a terrible antenna. There's more to it than just those two thingys alone. Probably the biggest 'thingy' is the antenna's length since that determines it's radiation pattern, it's 'foot print'. If that radiation pattern doesn't put a signal where you want it, then it's not very beneficial to you, even if it happens to be a very convenient size that 'looks' nice...
- 'Doc

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
my little wil is getting out but not like i want to.. wayne has one he says he get
out 10 miles that's what i want to do i called flying J in walton KY they
don't carry it movin on electronic in anna ohio sells them i'll check them out

Wayne at Treasure Aisles doesn't carry Wilson antennas?

yes he does wants $79 out the door $83.. R&L electronics in hamilton ohio
sells them as well i'm just looking around the 1st treasure aisle is raising
their price of admission from $1 a car to $2 a car just like traders world
now ceasers creek is still $1 no cb shop there was one but the guy left

trying to dodge the rain yesterday i got my antenna installed.. no i didn't buy it from wayne got it from R&L electronic in hamilton ohio for $71 bucks
was sitting in my driveway asked for a radio check a driver said i was getting out

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.