• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good - Cheap Speaker Mic for the Popular Baofeng HT's

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi gang, You typically get the small Clip-Mic & Earbud included with the Baofeng HT's .... but I had wanted to get a typical Speaker Mic for my UV-5R +. So last week I checked eBay and a seller is offering an Aftermarket model for an attractive $5.55 / Free Ship. Thought I would try one. Immediate ship & fast delivery from this seller. Looks well constructed and works great ! Also has port in the bottom of mic (standard 1/8' mono plug) to plug in a larger External Speaker into it for home use. And I recommend that as the Volume/Receive is much greater with an external speaker.
Note here also that if you use the correct 3 Segment 1/16" x 1/8' mono adapter, you can also plug an external speaker directly into the side Speaker Mic Port on the Baofengs (at least the UV5R) anyway.
So I just wanted to pass this Item and Review along.
Can't go wrong with this Speaker Mic for $5.55 Free Ship √

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-Speak...s-UV-B6-BF888s-BF666s-A062-US-DI/291565445341

0225190929a_HDR.jpg Looks just like the Baofeng speaker/Mic. Which look just like the Kenwood . They both still sound like crap.
Look online for the Baofeng speaker mod. I did the mod to my Baofeng speaker/Mic, and the testing and reports I got the day I did this mod were favorable. It's Still a cheap Chinese piece of junk, but that's what you have to deal with. I use this radio/Mic daily for local ragchew, instead of wasting energy using my 2900, and having to use a fan to keep it cool during a long ragchew. You might think that everybody else sounds bad also when listening through this speaker/mic; and they do.
I love my little Baofengs (4), but they have there limitations.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.