• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good DX from EU today on 11 mt

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Around 10:00 am here EU really came alive. For about 4 hrs it was non stop. Then around noon time the Scandinavia countries started showing up for the next 1 1/2 hrs.

England - 5 contacts
Ireland - 2
France - 1
Wales - 2
N. Ireland - 1
Netherlands - 1
Belgium - 1
Finland - 4
Sweden - 2
Norway - 2

Good Aurora conditions.

Last edited:

Great! I heard a couple Washington Oregon guys on today....bout time the northwest opened up. Eu was open here also.

Out here on the West Coast, skip hasn't been that easy to get, as compared to a year ago or two. But I did get my first contact with 56SD156/Mr. Tero in Finland yesterday 4/7 signal. Today I had a fine chat with 29EL104/Mr. Martin in Ireland for 5 minutes with a nice 5/9 signal.

France, Italy, and Spain were also in the mix and got them too.

mkube, you might consider a Yagi beam antenna, makes DXing so much easier and cleaner. Sure got a lot more real DX with a beam than I ever did with a vertical, just better signal strengths too . . .

Last edited:
Larry, I guess it's time for me to find another 11M rig to fire up and see if we can get a QSO in. It's been a while since I've been on the air, been playing around on 10M a little more as of late, but I have had a pile of contacts in WA/NV/AK, so the conditions have been your way. I'll see what I can find and see if we can't speak again, it's been a while!
Jeff

Jeff - do that, get back on 11 and I am sure we can make a hook-up.
Salva from Sakhalin Is. along the coast of Eastern Russia, has been coming on lately. He worked a station in Florida 3 days ago.
He usually makes his call on 27.555 usb anytime around 2:00pm to 3:00 pm PCT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Robb - I also talked with Terro, he use to have a different call sigh, but now a SD member since last Dec.
Conditions should hold up for one more day.

Larry

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.