• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good test for Sirio 2008

I don't have it, either. I never heard mine sing, though. Hopefully, nothing breaks off.
we had a very hard severe wind n they were really chattering. thinking im getting that ring before i elevate it up to 30 feet

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Might be a good idea. I can't take mine down without partial disassembly. Well, I'm not sure how the stabilizer installs so it may have to come apart anyway.
think every radial is removed . then poke each 1 through that ring n reinstall them. might be a bugger to get first 4 screwed back in but id say prolly be best to install them quarter apart

think every radial is removed . then poke each 1 through that ring n reinstall them. might be a bugger to get first 4 screwed back in but id say prolly be best to install them quarter apart

That's what I was thinking.
I did notice I have a bent ground radial. I'm sure the tree next to the antenna was blown way over and made contact. It's not bad, just a slight curve, but, my OCD ain't likin it!!

Reactions: Rwb
That's what I was thinking.
I did notice I have a bent ground radial. I'm sure the tree next to the antenna was blown way over and made contact. It's not bad, just a slight curve, but, my OCD ain't likin it!!
that kinda stuff bugs me also

Reactions: Greg T
i discovered its a 2 piece ring much easier to install as i view the image so i ordered1 .kinda looks like early farm equipment wheels
base3b-600x600.jpg

i got it and installed it yesterday. wasnt too bad.i laid an old bed sheet down under the area where i installed the ring.itty bitty washers n etc fall,hard to findView attachment 59637View attachment 59638

Looks really good. I'm going to have to get one sooner or later. I noticed I have a bent ground radial. Don't if the wind just bent one, or if a tree limb bumped it.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.