• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got a supprise today

Blue Jay

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 16, 2008
Central Ohio
About a year ago at an auction of a silent key I bought wrapped in a plastic bag an labeled 2 Meter 10 Element. When I opened it up today I found a lot more pieces than I thought should be:blink: 2 driven elements + 18 rods for reflectors and directors. Turns out it has 10 elements for vertical and 10 elements for horizontal:p On an 11 foot boom, need to get some new bolts and mast mounting hardware and get this up in the air and see how it works:p: May see about a mast mounted switch so I only need one run of coax to the shack.

sweet . i had better luck with #8 fasteners than stainless steel .
and don't forget to post pics for us ;)

Turns out it is a Cushcraft A148-20T, gama matched with 2 feed lines. Right now it is just 2 piles on the basement floor so not much for a picture, will see what I can do when I get it together.

Ready for the top of the Tower

Finally got it together and tuned. Now to get it 80' up without bending everything.

Attachments

• IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4028.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4029.JPG
    IMG_4029.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 161

dxChat
Help Users