• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

got an ole cobra 139 base.

Also here is a pic of the radio and mic I got working. What y'all think?

IMG_20120201_032617.jpg

Dats the thing. I'm broke. Lol. Ik I'm young. But I wanna learn. I was outta the whole cb thing for a few years. But now I'm startin to get back into it again because I mis messin with. I always dreamed about startin my own little shop. But that kinda backfired considering their ain't many cb people around here anymore or any at all really. But that's still besides the point. Iv always enjoyed working with and talkin on cbs. And I'm willing and wanting to learn as much as I can. :)

Having a real CB shop is about just four things - IMO. First two, knowing enough about the way RF behaves and about RF electronics. Then - and this is the tough part - having a great deal of experience with a lot of different radios. Knowing intimately many radio brands and their problem areas with constant exposure with them. Lastly, it takes an honest guy willing to work for relatively little money and maintaining excellent customer relations. Sounds a lot easier than it is in reality. Many variables; with little reward and constantly seeking new customers.

You could make more money as a construction contractor and own all of the radios you want from earning a decent living. You could still play with radios as a hobby and learn that way too. CB radio isn't exactly a booming industry. But if you go as far as to learn RF electronics, you could do repairs on Ham radios. There is some money in that. Not much; but some. Used to have an automatic transmission shop, because everybody has a car and they all need to be fixed at some time. There was money to made with that. Playing/aligning radios now as I'm semi-retired . . .

Last edited:
right right, i see where your comming from. iv been around cbs an 18 whelers my whole life. i just have recently turned 18. so i still have awhile and a lot to learn as far as the cb world goes. but iv got a neighbor that has been letting me tinker with some old radios and new radios and see what all i can do with em. im basicly startin out on like cobra 19s and 29, and similar radios like that. id eventually like to work on the export radios. one of my favorite ones was the good ole gally 44. i had one and was one of the besd damn radios i have ever had. was extramly loud. but sadly one thing after another started goin out on it so (being stupid) i chunked it. a year or so later, i came across a northstar 880 kinda like a galasy 88. now that was the best radio i EVER had. got good feed back eveytime i got on it. but one of my siblings spilt a galsa of tea on it... (guess she thought it was thursty or something) one of the saddest days ever. and the leat export radio i ever had was an ole galaxy melinka base. but i never really caed mush for it tho. never could get it to sound good. anyways just a short story of my cb life. lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.