• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my President Lincoln

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
Well, I received my President Lincoln ll+ and it seems to be doing really well. Was told by a couple truckers it sounds really good and clean. Walcott sent a letter with it saying they tested it with a scope and something else but can't remember what they called it. Will have to dig the box out and see. Also was checked on a Dosey and bird meter and all is good. According to them.
Anyway, for a beginner with this radio, it's going to take some figuring out. It is the most complicated radio I've ever owned in my 62 yrs. But, it seems to be doing well. We'll see how it holds up. Modulation is good also. Just by the radio meter, anyway.
Oh. The built in swr meter is very close to both my MFJ meters and my old radio shack meter. Checked them all. Good to go.

Last edited:

Some people have a problem with the ASC. It takes a little getting used to. Full CCW is in ASC mode. About 9:30~10:00 is open squelch. It can be disabled (effectively) in the service menu but, IMHO, President should have provided the option to enable/disable it. They did for a lot of other "features"; just not the ASC. Maybe in III+....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.