• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got the Beam Up!

What kind of wattage are you using? I can push 400 if I need, but only want to if I need it. I was wondering if the multiplication seems to be on the mark. Have you tried to see how far you can talk on 5 to 10 watts? My choice will be between the PDL-2 type beam or the one you have. The one you have states better performance by far. I also wonder if the size difference is worth it. Please get back to us soon with.......Distance, conditions, and wattage used w/ reception results. I'm sure you are puting it through the tests. How high is it off the ground in your pics? Looks to be about 15 to 18 feet up. Thanks. Scott ;)

I'm pushing a 100 watt amp and the Cobra 139 does 4 watts AM and 13 watts SSB, supposedly. I haven't tried too much without the amp.
The antenna is <> 30' off the ground. I'm at sea level here on the seacoast of NH. So far, so good. Reception is good, I'm getting out about 1500mi when conditions are right for propagation. I intend to raise it up another 10' and I'd also like to get a radio with more channels or eventually an all band unit, like a Yaesu, Kennwood or Icon, etc., because I aspire to get licensed.

Hi..

As far as the CB you currently use..
It is decent indeed..

If you Aspire to get your Ticket..
I would recommend the Icom 706 MKIIG
( it is a Excellent HF,VHF.UHF all mode radio as well as very clean 100 watts and is excellent receive )
I made the transition to my ticket with the very same radio..

Except now i have way way more equipment...lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.