• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GPS Interference????

Watergate

Apr 11, 2011
Ok this is no longer a fluke. It is repeatable.

I have three GPS devices in this truck. A Kenworth factory unit, a company installed unit, and my Android phone.

Three days ago I swapped radios in this truck. Both are HR2510s, the first one got along great with the truck, but the cubby hole it was mounted in didn't provide enough room for the heatsink IMO so I put the radio away and swapped it for one that hasn't been tuned up by Rogerbird. It doesn't run hot at all.

I put it in three days ago. I turned on the GPS to search for a place to eat, and after about 5 min, it completely lost the satellite signal. No big deal I had found what I was after, but I left it on and it never regained signal.

Yesterday I had to take a new route to the customer, and fired up the GPS. No signal. I fired up the company GPS and had signal, for about 20 min, then it dropped. I got my phone out and it caught the satellites but dropped signal in less than a minute.

This morning I woke up and checked the three GPS units. All had a lock on the satellites. Started driving, and turned my radio on to listen. All three GPS units dropped signal. I turned the radio off, and I got signal back.

The radio is receiving only. I'm not transmitting when it does this. I have checked it multiple times. When I turn the radio on, GPS goes away. My phone looses GPS and it isn't plugged into the trucks electrical system. It looses it while charging or running on the battery.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

i have a galaxy 959 in my blazer does same thing with my magellan gps turn radio on lose gps signal, turn it off signal comes back..... they pretty much sit on top of each other on dash board. if i set cb on seat gps comes back.... probably has something to do with the if section of cbs,,, spurius emmissions from the reciever section,,,,, sometimes called birdies.. just my thought 73s midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.