• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

grant export as good as grant cb ?

I think that is what we are talking about. A Grant radio of any vintage has not been made in well over a decade, maybe even 20 years for some. Even if you found a new in the box Export Grant everything we have talked about applies.

my bad, i was refering to the "import" first generation grant and jackson's of the early 80's. i had both of these rigs for quite some time, and i don't remember them beeing inferior to a regular "cb" version.

my bad, i was refering to the "import" first generation grant and jackson's of the early 80's. i had both of these rigs for quite some time, and i don't remember them beeing inferior to a regular "cb" version.

!0-4 on that I will check those out. I don't think any Grant is really inferior, it's just that a well tuned Grant xl is one sweet sounding and receiving radio on the regular 40.

funnily enough i don't remember the pc999 boarded grants as being inferior either.

people seem hung up on the Grant xl's AM performance, but the Grant exports are good on AM too and with twice the power, not to mention SSB, then they have FM too, which is as good as most FM only radios that were ever sold in the uk, in my opinion probably the best all round export, for general performance, ever built for 11m, superior to the much adored Cobra 148 gtl dx/Superstar 360fm, and slightly better than the early five band Jacksons, especially on AM where the Jackson's low level modulation lets it down, no biggie here in Europe where FM/SSB predominates, but I can see why the AM swing junkies don't like the Jackson, not as good overall performance as the Grant export, but the extra 2 or 3 bands on Jacksons plus the +10kc shift makes them more popular here than the Grant, plus the Jackson coarse tune gives more swing than Grants with coarse tunes.

120 ch as standard, high level AM from dual 2sc2312's giving twice the standard power, decent SSB performance and above average performance for export radios on FM. What more do you need? if it has two drawbacks they are lack of +10khz and no access to 26.285, both are easy to remedy.

Not sure where Davegrantsnr gets the +10kc shift from, I ain't ever seen a grant with a 10 kc shift switch as standard. if i recal they had s/rf-modulation, nb/anl, roger beep and brite/dim switches,

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Yeah , I know ! Just another old thread like me ..........I always thought over the decades that the Uniden Grant DX Classic was a ultimate CB Radio , I always thought AM/SSB/FM worked great ! Dual finals , 40 extra channels down and 40 up ! I don't think I could have asked for much more then that coming from a CB radio . And the audio could be nice ,loud and punchy in any mode ! Other then the 148s and the Grant's of old , I don't see how anybody could not like this radio . (Oh and I'm not much for Roger Beeps but this radio might just have the best one I've ever heard , short and sweet and to the point !) I've been looking for one . Switch https://www.rigpix.com/cbfreeband/president_grantclassic.htm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.