• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Great price on a Cobra 29

Mar 20, 2012
Pilot and J have them on for $89.99 if you use your Frequent Fueler card and you can send away for a $20 refund.

$69.99 for a brand new Cobra 29 is a darn good deal if you ask me.

70 bucks for the radio, 30 bucks for a clip and snip, and you get a $5 sound.:D

Did you notice if they were the LX or the LTD? Makes me wonder if the J and Pilot are getting ready to stop carrying one or the other. Crappy selection already.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep the ls is the one with the LCD. They have sales on them "29ltd" every once in a while. I know the cheapest. Truck stop I have found the galaxy dx 939 is i65 mm 130 in Indy at the TA. $135

Last edited:
Bought a Cobra 29LX from pilot/flying J about 2 weeks ago. Lasted just long enough to get past the 7 day no refund period. Then the talkback crapped out and it started having a lot of static/white noise you couldnt tune out. The only option I had since it was past the 7 day refund period was exchange. Not much selection. All they had was 3 varieties of cobra 29s, galaxy 959, some midland sub compact thing, and uniden 880. I went with the uniden 880. I like it but I would have liked the 980 much more. I miss having SSB in the truck.

Im wondering if maybe they dont sell refurbs or something.

Bought a Cobra 29LX from pilot/flying J about 2 weeks ago. Lasted just long enough to get past the 7 day no refund period. Then the talkback crapped out and it started having a lot of static/white noise you couldnt tune out. The only option I had since it was past the 7 day refund period was exchange. Not much selection. All they had was 3 varieties of cobra 29s, galaxy 959, some midland sub compact thing, and uniden 880. I went with the uniden 880. I like it but I would have liked the 980 much more. I miss having SSB in the truck.

Im wondering if maybe they dont sell refurbs or something.

I just checked out the features on that radio, does it have factory talkback? If not then your issue is with the tech that added the talkback or what ever else he did to it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.