• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grey lable xforce 1x2 howto disable the driver.

419_boston

Jul 16, 2019
So i won this in a raffle for 10$. Its in good shape seems the tranaformer crapped the bed and was made into a moible. I did up some new power wires and a 150 amp anderson.. go to key it up and 0 output haha my luck,so before i start pulling transitors and testing them on my dca 75 can i just remove the power to the driver section to disable it? I just want to see if it will chooch out any steam from the 2879 section before i rip the pills out.
20200108_212931.jpg

20200121_190301.jpg
No. That will disable the whole amp.

You need to move the RF input from the driver section to the finals.

Ok great thank you..i thought just pulling thr positive to the drive section would bypass it. Would i need to link it to the resistor coming from the 1 pill stage or can i just run it direct to it.

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:
Also remove the white power wire with the ferrite core to the driver. It probably won't hurt to leave it in but there's no reason to supply power to an unused transistor. Who puts straps actoss the emitters on a copper board?
Screenshot_20200123-062158_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 2NC995

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.